JD Z Trak 727 Mulching Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mitchdb, Jan 10, 2006.

1. mitchdb

mitchdb LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a Mulching Kit for my Z Trak 727 (54" cut). What does the kit consist of? Is it just a chute blocker or does it come with new blades? Where can I find one? I've searched in Yahoo but can't really find anything!

Thanks

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

It comes with 2 deflector shields that bolt under the deck, a chute plate and mulching blades. Use gator mulching blades though, not the ones that come with the kit. It aint no 5 minute job installing it either or taking off. Works fantastic though.

3. mitchdb

mitchdb LawnSite Member

Do you know where I can find the kit with blades that you're talking about.....online? I just bought the 727 a couple of weeks ago and just found this website last week or so. I don't really know the ins and outs of who to go to for parts yet.

Are the gator blades to ones that look like a fork at the end, they have a bunch of grooves?

Thanks

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

The only place I could find one is at the JD dealer and it was right at 200 bucks. The gator blades are the ones with the teeth on the back of them. They will turn everything into dust with the mulching kit installed. I have been paying 26 bucks for a set of three but they are the generic ones and work fine.

5. mitchdb

mitchdb LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info! I'll check with the dealer!