1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jd Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekarbeiter, May 19, 2008.

1. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

How many of you guys out there has JD Zs?
  2. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

4z turns and an outfront
  3. derekarbeiter

What models do you have? I have 2 717As and both are awesome. How do you like the 7-Iron deck? (I have the 7-Iron II by the way)
  4. JoeKidd

JoeKidd LawnSite Member

We just got a 717a at the cemetery where I'm employed. It's basicly my machine since the rest of the crew is older retired type of guys who are kind of afraid of zero turn mowers. It has the full mulch kit and I'm cutting the best five rows of lush fast growing grass we got and it's handling it with ease and doing a beautiful job too. These same rows at around the same height had to bagged with our GX335 tractors last year so this one mower is cutting our mowing time basicly in half. The cut is superb and it handles very slick in and around the stones. The only gripe I got with it is that it doesnt have much trimming ability around the bushes, if I try and get too close as I pass the back wheels catch em and rough them up a bit but its no biggie since we have to trim a lot anyway. The size of the machine is perfect for cemetery cutting. I'm only at 50 hours but so far I love it.
  5. derekarbeiter

Yeah, I think the 727A has better trim capability because of the 54" deck but I only wanted the 48" but in the end it hasnt been that big of a deal for me.