JDL credit gift card

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlg, Jun 8, 2008.

1. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Back in March I received from my JDL rep a gift card for our early order. It was a real surprise. Anybody else get one? Have you used it yet or are you waiting to see if prices come down on fert? Hey, it could happen:rolleyes:

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Glad you posted this! I forgot I had one!

I need to use it before I forget again!

Don't hold your breath on fert coming down though! :cry: You better use it now or your gift card will be just like the US dollar......weak.

That card will by a lot less fert then it could have 6 months ago! :laugh:

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I received mine and have already used. That was a nice surprise that I didn't expect.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Should have given you more than a gift card for charging you more for early ordering. Prices were their highest in the early spring. Prices took a big drop mid-April when they realized they weren't selling any fert

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The early order is in November so trust me....your comment is totally inacurate!

What are you smoke'n anyway?

Fert prices have not dropped at all! They have continued to reach record highs over the past year to two years.

It did LEVEL OUT this spring, but DEFINITLY didn't drop!

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Guess I should have included in my comment, "In our market.....". I was quoted $21.00/bag in November, $18.00/bag in Feb, $16.50/bag mid April all by Lesco. I ended up going to their competition for $14.50/bag.

I read here that some guys paid WAY more than that on an "early order" program.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The fertilizer industry as a whole has had a steady increase since November, yet your price has continued to come down?

That means they were just price gouging you!

I have seen the exact opposite.

My EOP price has by far been the cheapest. Today the same bag of 30-0-10 is almost $3 more/bag then it was in Nov.....and it is getting ready to get another $3 increase.

Plus on top of my AWESOME price I got a very nice sized gift card back.

8. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone who did an early order with any company in oct. Nov. on straight fert is in nice shape and paid alot less per ton, the only people who got thier asses handed to them are the ones who decided to get thier grub and insect tied to fert early and didn't realizer or weren't told about the competitive prices to come this spring, but the smart vendors were upfront with thier customers knowing honesty will keep the long term relationship.