1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JDL- Lesco great service.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlg, Jan 9, 2009.

1. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

In this day and age when dealing with companies that won't go the extra mile or sales reps that don't come threw it's good to know that JDL has more than exceeded my expectations for good customer service. My JDL sales rep has the honesty and integrity that one always hopes for. Time and time again she has proven why I continue to buy from JDL-Lesco. The last year and a half have been unpredictable to say the least regarding fert cost . It's good to know that I was getting straight answers throughout these unprecedented economic times. The JDL - LESCO merger left a lot of uncertainty and it took some time to get adjusted to. I like what I have seen so far and I'm confident that JDL management and my local service center sales rep will continue to provide great service. I just wanted to thank her and JDL. This ones for you!:drinkup:
  2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

They may provide great service, but I need great prices.
  3. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Is she doing more than selling you fertilizer? Sure sounds like it
  4. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's why we left
  5. tlg

That's a bit uncalled for here . Perhaps comments like that are better kept in the gutter where you appear to linger.
  6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

My customer service and prices have gone to pot since JD bought Lesco. Used to be, I could pop into Lesco anytime, chat a bit and get what I needed at a decent price, not anymore. :cry:
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

tlg -- Good response !!
  8. tlg

I be the first one to tell you that price is always a factor when buying material. But it's only part of the whole deal. Dealing with good honest people is worth a lot in my book. Sure prices are up from last year, but not by much. Anybody that thinks were going back to prices of a few years back anytime soon needs a reality check. I buy a decent amount of fert from JDL - LESCO. Going on 12 years now. Do I really need to nickel and dime them? My prices work for me and I'm satisfied I got a fair deal. The thinking here really amazes me. Everybody on this site will probably raise prices for their lawn care customers. How many of you guys will scream when your hard earned customers jump ship over a price increase. Don't you just hate them price shoppers? You know you do. Loyalty goes both ways.
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This is what I've heard elsewhere !!
  10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

My store treats me pretty well but I'm still waiting to see what happens.