jeep scrambler engine swap

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Oct 16, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm running out of pennies. I may look into that later as it seems like it's not a ton of work to put in. between all the adapters and etc i'm getting tired of spending :) that and I haven't even started on the body work!!!
  2. southern79

southern79 LawnSite Member

Not a ton of work. If you are doing any work to the fuel tank, go ahead and add a return port. Other than that, about 5-6 hours to install. Had mine for approx 10 years. Not a single adjustment or hiccup. Adjust mixture in the mountains and doesn't stall on steep slopes. Plus a lot more low end torque. My suggestion would be get your jeep running and enjoy it before starting the body work. Don't want to lose interest with one long project. Break it up into two or more parts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. BrandonV

i have few rust spots and the poor thing has never had a paint job since it was new. as much as I like to paint it original I'm thinking of making it match the rest of the fleet. I'm planning on using it as a run about when I'm not in one of the big trucks... that and I'm a little OCD about things matching

tcl jeep.jpg
  4. BrandonV

not my jeep just a one I pulled off the web and changed to colors to play around with.
  5. BrandonV

surprise! the gentleman doing this actually pull out the fuel injection system of my donor truck and tinkered with it getting it to work again in the jeep. happy happy happy. Actually got to drive it a little friday (one and off the trailer) in order to get an exhaust system put on because it has proven a little loud with just the headers. Pretty much just have to tune it up and put things back together and then we're off to body work.