Jeff's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yea its awsome there are a few days that I only make 4 stops but mow 20 yards. (my lawns are small) I think my farthest account is a little less than 10 minutes away. I like to keep a tight route for lawns and snow too.

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That is really nice to have a tight route. I have one that I have to travel 10-15 mins sometimes more depending on travel time.

3. jeffslawnservice

10-15 minutes isnt bad if thats your farthest you have to travel then that is pretty good.

4. Ben's Landscape

yeah it is nice when it is like 85-90 degrees out because it gives you time to cool down. But if there is a lot of traffic it can become a long trip!!

5. jeffslawnservice

Yea your right about both. I hate traffic. There is one lawn I always end up doing last at the end of the day and there is always alot of traffic on the way to it. It can turn a 5 minute drive into a 15 minute drive some days

6. Ben's Landscape

Then why don't you do it at the begining of the route so there isn't as much traffic?? I try to work from the furthest away from my house first.

7. jeffslawnservice

Thats what i try to do with this lawn its one of my first lawns in the morning but I'm the type of person who likes to get a jump on things. If I can get this lawn done a day earlier then i don't need to go out of my way the next day so I always end up doing it around 430-500 at night right during rush hour.

8. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Your snow blower looks like it does just fine. Did you buy it new? My buddy just got a 8 hp toro that we got running that is a animal. If I was doing snow removal I would get it. I might anyway.

9. jeffslawnservice

Yes, for not being a commercial my snow blower does great job. So far I have not had any problems with it. I used it in a 23 inch storm so I am pleased. I did buy it new. The company that used to do the swim club across the street from me(I do it now) used to use a Toro to clear the side walk and that think would rip through the snow like nothing. Like I said if I can use my snow blower for a year or two before I get a plow i will be happy, Its altready paid off so its just making me money now.

10. jeffslawnservice

Bought a 2004 Carmate 6x12 enclosed trailer. And the last pic is how the City of Philadelphia puts salt down :confused:

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg