1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jeff's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah i bet you cant wait to tow it though. you have to rewire the trailer connection?

you got a point about the bumper

2. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Im not sure about the connection I think I only need to plug the harness in. Its sitting in my glove compartment now I just need the time to look under the truck and figure it out.

3. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a early spring job to me! hahaha. No sense in gettin under a slush covered truck if you dont need it right now. just my opinion.

4. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Jeff how is it going? I can see you got your truck. Good for you. I hope it serves you well.

You have some great ideas for advertising this season. I plan on handing out fliers in the areas I am working in also (my daughter will be getting them ready by the end of this month I will show you it when it is ready). And mailing out to my customers that I have letting them know that I want to expand my client base. (with the customary letter I send them so they can RSVP that they want me for next season). I don't think I will do any free cuts for referrals, I already feel they are getting a great deal for the services I am providing them, but I will be sure to thank them.
    With all the spare time I have my son and I have been working on his Jeep Cherokee. He is having so much fun wrenching on it and it is nice to have the time with him. We have done so much to it that I can't begin to list everything, but lets just say two weeks ago it sat there in what seemed like a million pieces and now it is all back together again. He drove it for the first time in a long time and it seemed like he already forgot how to drive. (He has only had his permit for 3 months.)

5. jeffslawnservice

Hey David, I am doing pretty good. Thanks about the truck. Sounds like a pretty good plan for this spring with advertising and referals. I bet your son is reall excited to be driving a car but also a car that he basically rebuilt himself.

6. jeffslawnservice

Had this pic on my phone. Like I mentioned before I had the oppertunity to work for a tree/land clearing company for a few weeks and I learned alot about a part of the industry that I did not know to much about. Also used alot of cool equipment including this beast. I only saw these on TV before and actually was able to run it for about an hour. It was actually very easy to operate. Also a picture of my old truck and trailer, it shows the amount of bed space I had to put mulch, debris or what ever when I had the side boards on it.

securedownload.jpg

Ford F-150 with trailer high shot.jpg

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice pics,thats pretty kool u had the oppertunity to do that,way to kool lol.glad to hear u had a fun time and learned alot more in that industry,Ha me too i se it on tv here and there,i like swamp loggers thats the one i watch dont really watc alot of the logging shows but seems interesting to know.

8. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

yo man hows things going? you loving all these little storms?

you going down to MAHTS in Atlantic City? Im gonna go down for two days, you know what classes your taking yet?

Also you going to the techo block show in king of prussia, there holding a free show show on feb 1st or 2nd im gonna take my hardscaping guy out there and i think hes gonna come one day down to MAHTS with me.

9. jeffslawnservice

Thanks and yet it was an awsome opportunity.

I'm loving these little storms, I do want another decent sized storm though. I still have to register for MAHTS I just want to make sure we don't get a storm during one of those days. You book a hotel for that yet?

I think I might have to pass on the techo block show I already missed a few days of class for snow and I am going to miss a few more for MAHTS and if I miss to many I fail the class.

Also i know you have a few Stihl saws and I am in the market for one, just want to get your opinion on what one you like best, I am looking for one I can use for general tree work.

10. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

Yea Ill take a couple more little ones or one decent size one, for MAHTS Im just gonna drive down each day its only a 45 min drive to an hour so ill just drive down for the day and come home each night.

I have 4 stihl saws and i love them, my favorite is my ms 192 T, we have two of them, they are light weight, and cut through anything i like them cause you can cut with one had and grab other stuff with the other hand.