Jeff's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it does, i have tryed that a few times on small clean-ups but on the larger ones that fill up the whole truck it is hard to get a mower in there with all the leaves. A trailer will make everything so much easiler.

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i know how it feels to have a job done and be like crap the trucks full!! Luckly my dad has a truck too so he comes and gets the equipment and i go and dump.

3. jeffslawnservice

Yea I've had that truck full alot this season since I got it. Had leaves packed in there so tight that they wouldent come out today at the dump.

4. Ben's Landscape

yeah me 2. It is a nice work out pitch forking it out!! I really had to dump the leaves this weekend we had a lot of rain and they sat in my truck for a week rotten and wet. The truck was smelling like a landfill at school!!:laugh::laugh:

Do you use a pitch fork for the leaves??

5. jeffslawnservice

I know what you mean by a landfill. I was at the dump yesturday right after school and when I walked in my brother goes " you smell like mulch. But yes I use a pitch fork and also a pick axe. Pick axe helps break them up after they have been all compacted down. I'm thinking of buying one of those load handlers. From what I have seen they work pretty good.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

limited budget may be a concern 4 u, but a used dump insert may be a great option 4 u

7. jeffslawnservice

I do have a limited budget due to college being a factor but I have a decent amount saved up. Can you put a dump insert in a F-150? Or will it be to heavy?

8. Ben's Landscape

I would only put a dump insert in a 250 or higher. Just because of the wieght. Also I would not put a 1 ton suspension under your truck and work it like a 1 ton. Because the chasis is not rated for what the springs will be. Just my opinion.

9. jeffslawnservice

Thats what i thought. I never really looked into one because of only having a F-150. Thought that even if I did put a ez dump in that would be 1000 lbs. in my bed already and with leaves and stuff I would be over loaded alot. My last dump I had over 2000 lbs of leaves in my truck and if I had a dump insert in there that would have been over 3000 lbs. Wish I had a bigger truck.

10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Simple setup the van with the 21 brings memories back for me now I have a trailer and dont need to have 21s to do lawns in other neighborhoods