Jeff's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yea its great. After I hired my first guy we had about a week of cutting left and it flew by becasue it just seemed to speed thing up alot more than I expected. I also got lucky with alot of peoples neighbors asking me to do work for them. I have alot of places where I do atleast 2 lawns in 1 stop.

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats is lucky. I have to travel to a lot of my jobs. But next year im gna try and get some jobs in the closer naihborhoods.

3. jeffslawnservice

Yea if I need to travel to a neighborhood I make sure I have atl east 2 houses there to make the trip worth it. But for any jobs besides mowing they are all usually all spread out becasue not to many people and their neighbor both want a sod lawn installed on the same day.

4. Ben's Landscape

Yeah true. I mainly traveled a lot this year but i know that i have gotten a some really good costumers and they live in close naihborhoods so when i start to advertise a lot it will pay off. I did a couple of jobs where i had to travel about a half an hour away each way but they were for huge mulch jobs and in rich naihborhoods. So that can pay off too.

5. jeffslawnservice

Yea I will travel for a job that is big and a one time thing such as a mulch job or landscape installation. This year any work I do in rich neighborhoods I am going to put a lawn sign on there lawn to try and get more work in that neighborhood.

6. Ben's Landscape

yeah I may invest in those signs and just go door to door.

7. jeffslawnservice

Yea door to door can work pretty good.

8. Ben's Landscape

yeah it can. But mainly I have gotten jobs from craigslist word of mouth. I just got a new shoveling account.

9. jeffslawnservice

Yea word of mouth has been how ive gotten most of my work but handing out fliers has work for me to. Congrates on the shoveling account. I'm using the money from snow to finance a bigger mower.

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Just chiming in here, I normally travel about 5 minutes or so between accounts. That sometimes is more and sometimes less. I would love to get it to where I spend like half a day on the same street because I've got 9 out of 10 houses on the block or something like that.