Jensen Heavy Duty Radio

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Feb 18, 2011.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

My Clarion DMC radio took a dump, I guess all the vibrations and dusty environment took a toll on it, and the dealer and installer both warned me not to expect it to hold up very long.
    So I bought this unit from my Bobcat dealership, Bobcat also brands them as their own, but I saved $50 by buying the Jensen, total cost was $250.00
    I had a similar unit in my T190 and it held up really well, so what the hell.

Soldered the power wires and speaker wires, and there is a plug for the antennae and another plug for the head phones, the bracket is also included.

There is also a plug for all you Ipod users:
  2. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Got that in my E50. The only thing I don't like is the preset volume setting when you turn it on, it's damn loud.
  3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw the same radio in a Terex PT-100G and I think that CNH are using them in their new machines if I remember the photos correctly. I think it even has a button to pick up the local NOAA broadcast.
  4. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

6. superdigger

superdigger LawnSite Member

the preset start up volume is adjustable in the menu, you can change it to whatever you want...
  7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yes that is the same radio CNH is using. Too bad its not Sat. compatible.
  8. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Same radio that Deere puts in the new skids and ctls.

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I mounted an XM Tao in the Bobcat and can transfer it to the excavator or toolcat. I find antennas on Ebay for $10. I go through them occasionally when a branch catches it BUT I found that by using a few layers of black duct tape, the branches don't get to the wire. The radio sends a signal to my FM earmuffs. I block out noise and have my XM anywhere even under the trees or thick woods.

My TAO crapped out after 5 years so I bought the sister radio for $30 on EBAY. It is the same radio but doesn't have the rubber armor. It has held up well and is easy to preset stations, scan, and even record.

I bought a $30 XM radio (on sale)
    for my truck that is the coolest ever. It sits on a post that connects directly to the cigarette lighter. I found a pair of XM sportscaster headphone/antenna, removed one plug off it and hung it on my rear view mirror. No need for external antenna now and if I wanted to take the TAO type radio with me from the Bobcat (it's portable but it's internal antenna is crap, i can use these headphone/antenna setup with it. Realistically, I just leave the radios in the truck and machine but it's nice having them when I'm so far from a good radio station. You get everything with satellite and there are so many options but there is the subscription that runs about $200 yr for two radios.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Same radio we put in the old models also. Just not factory installed.