Jerky Steering and Bagger for a Fastrack

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HustlerBob, Jul 7, 2005.

1. HustlerBob

HustlerBob LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Fastrak having jerky steering when you slow down? Also, I want a bagger for my Fastrack, but the one I have seen seemed really small. I would have to empty it out every time I start a new row. Is there one that is larger and that can be emptied from the seat? Thank you!!! Love my Fastrack!!!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What model FasTrak do you have? 44" or 52"?
    There are a few catcher options out there, and we will have a new one coming soon.
    Your dealer has information on side mount and rear mount systems, and 1 of the side mount systems has a dump from the seat option.
    As far as the steering goes, it should not be jerky, how many hours do you have on the mower? you may not be 100% used to driving it yet.

Pj

3. HustlerBob

HustlerBob LawnSite Member

I have a 20hp 52" FasTrak. I purchased it in the Spring and I have about 30 hours on it. It would be nice if the Hustler website had some pictures of the option for the FasTrak. I feel the mower jerk more on the right side. It only happens when you slow down. I have also noticed that sometimes when I start out and back up out of the garage the right side will not go in reverse. I need to pull forward first a bit and then I can reverse. Thanks for your help PJ

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yo may want to have your dealer take a look at the linkage to make sure nothing is binding or loose for that matter.
    As far as not going into reverse, does this happen after the parking brake was just set? if so it may be the parking brake not releasing, due to the nature of the gear lock up in the parking brake this can happen sometimes, it hurts nothing.

Pj

5. BigMack

BigMack LawnSite Member

I had the same problem with my 20/52 Fastrac. It was cured when they put in 2 new drives. Well they put in one one month, then another 3 months later. Then 2 new ones about 4 months after that. It was cured.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am pretty sure your IZT's were of the old design not the newer design, that may have been why yours were replaced.
    Any FasTrak's built in the last couple of years have the newer IZT's in them.

Pj