Jerry Baker home brew lawn tonics . . .?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Exact Rototilling, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

2. Exact Rototilling

Here are the rest that don't call for herbicides

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like a waste of beer. The first one should work if the soil has organic matter the other are just a waste of beer

A good friend used to tell me: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear, he was a sceptic at best

4. Dean_W

Dean_W LawnSite Member

LOL!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. Exact Rototilling

I remember writing down some of these formulas many years ago from the PBS telethon fundraisers. :rolleyes:

So . . . I bought a case of cheap beer and ended up drinking it all myself :drinkup: . . . grass didn't get any. :laugh:

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know what qualifies as organic and what doesn't, but most of those would certainly be beneficial to lawn and plants.
    I hate that they have Jerry Baker specials every spring on PBS, they take live calls and he spews some serious BS. Necrotic Ring Spot is a big problem in this area, I can treat it fairly effectively, but it is a little expensive. He tells people to put baby shampoo on it and it will take care of it:hammerhead: So every yr. I get a couple people who cancel their application of specialty fungicide, and use baby shampoo, then when summer comes and the NRS is going nuts, they call me. :cry: Sorry, too late. We'll have to get it in the spring.

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

treating Ophiosphaerella korrae with baby soap, now i know we are all doomed,this crack pot is one of the reasons we all get a couple of idiots that want to try snake oils and WASTE beer, where were from we horse whip BEER WASTERS. and is this a violation of fed laws, to mis lead and mis label. or use in a manner inconsistent with use label requirements. and wheres the science of this potion. let me guess he got it on the "streets as a cop" what BS.

he cannot even tell the truth about his grandma's lineage, shes no Indian, Indiana is not a native people.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Here we go again!

Do a search, we've beat this Jerry Baker BS to death already.

He is a phony!