Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

You can definitely sod at this time and anytime until the ground freezes, but for seed, it is getting late. Check the soil temperatures, to determine if you will still get germination this year and will have a water source to keep the seed moist until establishment. Rye will like germinate and establish at this time, but Bluegrass or Fescue will likely suffer due to winter temperatures, apparently coming early.

Kirk

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not too late too sod but it is too late seed. The seed needs the warmer temperatures to help it germinate.

**I didnt see the above post prior to my post**

3. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

Just got back soil test need a little help. Test calls for 85lbs per 1000 sqft of lime. Have Lesco 80 lb spreader what should I set it at ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rcpeoples

Forgot to add property is about 4000 sqft
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

i saw an add this week from another co. specifically targeting guardian's old clients. headline reads: 'who's on guard now?' and says 'did you know you know that your tree and lawn contract has been sold to a national company?' goes on to say that they are cross-honoring all contract pricing for a limited time. i no longer do chem apps, but for fwiw, the two clients i had that used guardian have converted over to a different company i referred to them. gotta love tgcl, two steps forward and one step back.

6. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have also picked up about two dozen ....so far... and I sent a letter to all my lawn customers that had Guardian about TG and will most likely get them also.

7. rcpeoples

Looking for an insurance carrier. Anyone have an suggestions ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. xclusive

Farm Family in Yardsville, NJ. The guys name is Ray Johnson.

9. rcpeoples

Thanx xclusive. I'll give him a call
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. xclusive

Sorry I didnt include his # 609-584-0100