Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

I put out a little over 400 door hangers on friday and on Saturday . Recieved a phone call to look at a patio not bad I guess

2. iamthehunter36

iamthehunter36 LawnSite Member

Been doing lawncare and some small landscaping jobs in NJ for 5 years now!! Have to love NJ!

3. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

what the deal with the nj contractors lic.?...do you def. need it to get the dep sticker?

4. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Well for any kind of new landscaping you need the home improvement contractors lic. here in NJ. Example new landscape plants, water feature, i think also new sod or seed. You dont need one for maintaining a landscape like mowing or trimming hedges. I might be wrong so someone correct me if i am. I have had mine for three years and have yet to be asked for it lol. But id rather be safe than sorry.

Oh and as far as the dep # the only place ive been told i need one is at the dump.

5. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Ya I used my personal truck to dump over the years. Commercial plates this year and was told that I couldn't dump unless I had the dep #. They let me dump this once..and it was all the crap I cleaned out of my yard
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Yup it doesn't matter if its from your own house or not. When i have to dump something from my place i just take my parents suburban and haul my trailer to the dump and no problem.

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as dumping goes you need a DEP# if you are dumping at a state/county or town transfer station. If you are dumping at a private facility then no you do not need one. When I got my DEP # last year that is what the lady doing the interview told me.

8. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

anyone else not getting many calls from door hangers/postcards? Put out about 1000 last week and have got very little response. Wondering if I am to early, or if other Jersey guys also arent getting much of a "bite" yet

9. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I have put out 10k in postcards and have had 42 calls so far. Many guys in my area had them out sooner than me. I think once we get this warm weather the next couple of days people will start thinking about their lawns more.

10. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

finished my first 100 yesterday and one call so far

I think its a little cold to think about the outdoor projects