Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

all my stuff got pushed back..marketing wise...end of month..so we will see..we are working with current clients now..word of month has been coming in though

2. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

I keep putting out like 100 to 200 a day and I only got 1 call from them and another from seeing my trailor

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

so it seems that I'm not alone with a slow start to a response to the cards/door hangers

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Just for all our referances, do you recall what the number costs? and also were or how do we go about geting it? thanks

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you collect sales tax on lawn services in NJ ?

6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

You need the HIC# if your doing anything to the exterior or interior of a home in NJ. And you need a contract written up and signed by both parties for any job over $500.00. Not that everyone follows it but to play by the books and rules you should.

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes you do. NJ wants its cut too. The only thing that doesnt get taxed are capital improvements like pavers, landscape lighting, retaining walls. Plantings are taxable as well.

8. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

You can start with the link below. I do not recall the exact process but I do know it was a pain in the ass. You might want to contact the Bergen County Health Office cause that where I went for my registration interview, but call them 1st to find out what exactly you need

http://www.nj.gov/dep/depbusiness.html

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

so a $35 cut is actually $37.45 to the customer, I am trying to figure out lawn contract pricing.

thanks for your input

10. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member