Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I still got some time, but I want to knock most of them out this winter so I'm on track. Good luck with your classes this winter.

2. mruiz

mruiz LawnSite Member

Jersey Guys! How did I miss this thread?

Bill, thanks for the heads up on it.

Hey, NNj18 Jared, and MapleShade long time no chat...:waving:

Im def up to the show in the meadowlands.

(Remember when you were alittle kid and you walked into a Toy store, I get the same feeling at these landscaping expo..... I WANT IT ALL !!!

Mike

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Cool man, as it gets closer we're going to try and set up some sort of meet and greet.

4. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

someone mentioned classes @ the medowlands show, what kind of class arethey having there?

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.njlca.org/pages/NJL2009Brochure.pdf Click the link and I think it's page 3 or 4. There are some recert classes for pesticide credits and some other random classes.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys--

Today I spoke with Joy from Project Evergreen (Green care for troops). There is a need for some work for some military families in New Jersey. I am volunteering to help out a couple families in my area and I'm trying to help Joy find some help for families in Jersey. I have two friends that risk it all to fight for our country. (two friends in Iraq and my friend/worker is possibly going to Iraq in June) I figure I can help families of military with my time. Lets step up boys!!! If anyone is interested pleas PM me and I'll get you in touch with her.

7. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I just skimmed through this thread and noticed that no one mentioned the landscape licensing bill. Do you guys know about it? If not then go to NJLCA and look for the link to some info on it. There must be thousands of landscape/maintenance contractors in the sate but few seem to know about or understand what's going on. We are trying to stop the bill from passing in it's current form by writing to our senators, petitions etc. There are now 6 regional chapters of the NJLCA around the state. If you're not a member yet you should look into it but you don't have to be a member to help.

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, we've been discussing it in the Commercial and residential forum. I'll bump it to the top for you.

9. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

PM me some more info on helping out the military families DLAWNS. If nothing over the top, and in my area I will more than happy to help out the men and women who are fighting to keep us safe, and preserve our lifestyle!

10. mruiz

mruiz LawnSite Member