1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

If you are looking for a bagging mower, I have a 48" Exmark Navigator for sale...message me if you are interested! Good luck man!

And also just an update my leaf vac just sold...so all I have is the Navigator, strobe light, a few gas cans, and a small toolbox with random tools in it.
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey! For all you guys that work in the jackson area, if you get a call from a property on tuscany drive, give me a pm before you service it!!!!
  3. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Finally getting caught up with removing trees and branches from my lawns to cut them after the huge storm we had last week. The funny part if the lawns look great even during this heat wave. The only difference compared to last year is the use of the product I am using Sumagreen Turf.

I have not been paying to close of attention to the product as just been crazy busy but is cheaper then Holganix and my old fertilizer. Seems to be working better by keeping grass greener. Is anyone else using this Sumagreen Turf? I was just curious as I want to hear about what you are seeing on your lawns. Right now after 9 days of extreme heat no major stress showing on majority of my lawns and only about half have some type of watering system for the lawns.
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where to buy mulch and topsoil near corner of 9 and 37 in Tomsriver ?

I don't want to travel all the way back to Howell
  5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Anywhere to dump fill near Marlton?
    Posted via Mobile Device

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Still selling:

Exmark Navigator 48” $5500
    Amber LED strobe light w/ extra magnetic suction cup-$200
    6 various gas cans-$40 for all
    Small Craftsman toolbox with assorted tools-$10

Call Bill at 732-966-1689 or email @ bill@standforstrength.com
  7. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I'm a small start up company out of Bayville. I'm just starting out but the jobs keep coming in.
  8. antl160527

antl160527 LawnSite Member

I was stopped today in bergen county by a BC cop and told that I do not have commercial plates on my truck. I am doing landscaping, but i do not have my name posted anywhere on the truck. He gave me a warning, but i have to check into commercial plates. Can the NJ guys tell me how much they paid for their commercial plates.

I have a small open trailer, with a couple of pieces of equipment on it, I am not a big time landscaper, just me with my pickup and trailer. I guess he was bored with going for donuts so he had to stop me.
  9. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial plates means full inspection every year as well, you supposed to have them if you are using the truck commercially any way cop was right.

My dump truck is $240 a year for reg that is @ 15k gvwr :(
  10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

That is a BS comment if I ever saw one. I see this garbage all the time. Face it you are business and there are rules. He had every right to stop you. Do not assume that because you are not a million dollar operation that these rules do not apply to you. You got off easy. He could have gone through and given the inspection writing tickets for unsecured loads, improper or lack of lettering, etc. Then the county could have come by and got on you for licenses. These are the cost of doing business.