Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

So true ! I got a ticket one block from my house for not having a fire extinguisher in my pickup. He actually gave me a break cause I didn't have triangles or my town name on my truck even though it's lettered.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Commercial truck or tractor (Code 11)
    Includes every type of motorized vehicle used for commercial purposes, such as transportation of goods, wares and merchandise (39:3-20).

Plates:

Display the word "commercial"
    Numerals are prefixed by the letter "X" or any other prefix designated by the Chief Administrator

Required lettering:
    Clearly visible sign or nameplate (as prescribed by law 39:4-46) that must contain:

Name of owner, renter or renting party
    Municipality of residence
    The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or the combined gross vehicle weight rating if vehicle is 26,001 pounds or more and the vehicle is registered or principally garaged in New Jersey
    Lettering height must be at least three inches

Exceptions:

You may be exempt from displaying the name of the municipality if the vehicle displays a USDOT registration number.
    The owner, lessee or lessor of 50 or more vehicles must use those vehicles by franchised public utilities (including gas, power and telephone companies)
    You can acquire a Federal DOT registration number online or by calling the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at (703) 280-4001

3. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

I drove and owned trucks for years but having fire extinguisher and triangles in my pickup never crossed my mind. I bet you could check 100 pickups and vans with commercial plates and 95 wouldn't have either one !
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

where is a place near Mantoloking rd in Brick to dump fill ?

5. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Anyone know of any rental places that are renting the new exmark/toro stand on aerators? Or any other stand on aerators?
    Located in Monmouth county.

Thanks in advance

6. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Where are you from in Bayville? I have a house there on Bayview Ave by Martell's.

7. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

I live about 5 minutes from there. I live over in Holly Park by The Cove
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

If you have a truck registered in this state and its GVW is over 10K and its not a diesel, does it need inspection, or self inspect?? Commercial Tagged already..

Example: F350 Stake Body Dually Gas

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  9. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

selling a green truck cap off a 2001 ford f250 8' bed for $150.00 really nice shape. pm me for pics if interested I

10. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Yes you do need to inspect non diesel over 10k gvw. Inspection is a lot easier these days then it used to be, as long as no line in and out in 5min