Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Def need a new mower now. Motor is toasted on my 36" so my winter project will be to swap motors and that will be my backup. Looking for a 48" belt drive if you guys know anybody thats got one.

2. crazyboy

crazyboy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Send me a PM.

3. MikeTA95

MikeTA95 LawnSite Member

I have a Bobcat 48 walk behind I'm Selling, not going to have a place to store it this winter.

4. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious to know what other guys in NJ are charging for lawn cutting cause sometimes I feel like I'm too cheap.. I know it depends on size but most of my accounts that fall in the 2000-3000 sq ft range, I'm averaging about $30 a cut. That's just for mow, trim and blow.

5. MikeTA95

MikeTA95 LawnSite Member

Started around that price, as i think most people do. Once you start growing and having to hire people that pricing becomes real hard to maintain real quick. I usually raise the price every year now. i get 32-42 depending on the person, the neighborhood, etc.

6. tbambersvc

How much? I bought one but my buddy is looking for one.

7. Andre's Lawn Care

Andre's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Marlboro NJ over here

8. tbambersvc

How many more cuts you guys doing this year? I figure another 1-2 max then its leaf time.

9. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Depends on the customers lawn. I have some that are still growing pretty good, also have others that aren't growing at all.

10. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

same goes for me.. most of my lawns grew pretty fast this week. i'll be starting my clean ups end of oct though for most of them