Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

So I've been breaking down my prices today and I'm curious to know what guys in the area are charging for 10k sq ft of grass.. not 10k sq ft lot size, but the actual area being cut. Just your typical mow, trim and blow. And assuming the land is flat without relatively any hills or major obstacles.

I'm starting to think I'm making more money on my smaller lots...

2. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

Anybody know the dates for lawn show in Secacus ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

4. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

5. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

In the wake of sandy, was thinking of offering/starting hydro seeding. Think a lot of people are gonna need lawn repair. Was thinking of starting off with a 500 gallon machine. Anyone think this might be a good idea?

6. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Alright...I need to get my DeP tag for my dump trailer..what is the best way to go about this..I have called the 609's on the web..left vm's and what not..what is your experience in getting this tag ...what a pain

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to contact one of the county offices and then schedule an interview. Also may I ask what is you reason for needing one. Most times landscapers do not need one and are incorrectly informed out why they should get one.

8. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

for construction debris...fences, wood...decks..that sort of thing..

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Gold Member

10. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Tinton fall garbage dump has an office . You have to make an appointment. I belive you might need to bring the trailer. Registraion insuance. Ask them when you call. You fill out the paper work there and than mail it in with a check. I think it is $95.00. It takes a few weeks.to get.
    It is worth having.