Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Spring is here boys! Gotta get my 48 serviced, any recommendations for oil and filter? Also still looking for a backup 36" in case you guys got something you would part with.

2. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Finally starting to treat some lawns and getting excited for this year!!

3. Cut It Close

Cut It Close LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've been doing mulch and cleanup jobs the last few weeks. Trying to get as much as i can done before the cutting starts. The lawns are almost there. There's still some that are not even close though. This time last year i was already 2-3 weeks into the cutting season. Can't wait to cut with my new to me Wright Standers I picked up for this season. Let's go!

4. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone cutting yet? just finished all my cleanups this week and plan on starting next week.

5. Cut It Close

Cut It Close LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I cut maybe 5 lawns this week. Plan on starting next week with the full schedule. Still doing mulch and cleanups and step 1 turf apps. Going crazy as usual.

6. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Starting cuts tomorrow

Where is a dump site in Jackson ? brush leaves and some wood

8. alandchris

alandchris LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hello fellow NJ'rs...

My son started a small lawncutting biz while in High School. Just wondering how you decide to set the cutting height. His first cuts were at 3.25 inch height. One lawn was high enough and saw some striping. Another lawn was not as high and saw minimal less defined striping. Is it ok to drop to maybe 3.0 inch.

And then the same question when it comes to the summer where the grass grows less.

I guess I'm asking for the proper deck height for each season.

Thanks for any help.

9. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Wow....

Anyone running or had experience with Four Acres Trailer in DE? Looking for an enclosed for my business and Harley and their prices seem pretty good. Or if anyone has a suggestion as to where to go it would be appreciated.

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Give them a shot, prices for enclosed are good and always check the used there...

http://www.trailersuperstore.com/enclosed-trailers