1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. johnnyhem

johnnyhem LawnSite Member

Hey gang, trying to figure out what will be better. I have a toro ss5000, 50 inch, mulch kit or bagger? we all know time is money so I was thinking mulcher. just want opinions. thanks
  2. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Really depends on your market, a lot of people in nj are adamant about bagging for some stupid reason. They just like the clean look it provides, regardless of the fact they wouldn't need to spend 700 a year on true green service if they just threw a bag of weed and feed down and mulched their clippings.

See what your competition is doing, if its a lot of bagging, get a bagger. When you lose opportunities to not having the right equipment you'll be thankful.
  3. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Just scored a basically brand new 7500 Redmax for $300. Stoked to use it for leaves this year!
  4. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

anyone using trugreen doesn't give a sh*t about quality anyway
  5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Educate your clients on the benefits of mulching. Rutgers Fact Sheets are helpful. Charge extra for bagging. Don't try to match the big guys prices, sell quality.
  6. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

Middlesex power in middlesex nj they might be on the high end on price but are super knowledgeable on what they sell
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone else starting to cut their every week customers every other week? these lawns aren't growing at all right now. usually i go till the end of october but it's hard to imagine that if it doesn't start raining.
  8. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

i go to middlesex power.. they don't carry scag equipment there. it's mainly toro, bobcat and wright mowers. redmax and stihl blowers and trimmers.
  9. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

They sell them. The most they have is v rides once in a blue moon. My friend bought my scag in 04 from them plus they carry every part for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. NJ Grass

NJ Grass LawnSite Member

None of my lawns seem to be growing much. We definitely could use some rain, but I don't see any in the forecast.
    Posted via Mobile Device