1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

yea i'm skipping half my lawns this week. all of my accounts that don't have sprinkler systems haven't even grown a .25 of an inch in the last week.

2. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Anyone have any info for bulk 3/4 red stone? Talking 20-25 ton. Tried looking online but only fond people who keyworded site really well, no real distributor or a true wholesaler

3. NJ Grass

NJ Grass LawnSite Member

Not sure if it'll be of any help, but you might try The Stone Center in Bridgewater, NJ. A phone call to them can't hurt, they've been helpful to me over the years.

4. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

It's a start, thanks for info

Anyone else any info on large amounts of 3/4" red stone, 20-25tons Monmouth county area?

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

NJ gravel is more than my regular nursery. And yes last time I checked 20-25 tons is considered bulk, on lower end but nonetheless bulk.

Clayton block sells stone? Local one (freehold) is strictly mason supply.

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Clayton sells stone out of the Wall location on 18th ave not sure how far is that from you.

9. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

20-25 tons is one tri-axle. Your not getting some huge discount on that amount of stone. I'm guessing around 40 dollars a ton?

10. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

I will give Wall Clayton a call, right in freehold so not that far.
    Even at $40 a ton saving roughly $8 a ton, not a whole lot but still some extra in my pocket.