Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. AlwaysBusy

AlwaysBusy LawnSite Member

Wayne,

PM me your contact info. I'm in Jackson and I'm looking to get my driveway repaved. I have some other projects I'm thinking of that I'd like to discuss with you as well.

Thanks.

Posted via Mobile Device

2. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

PM sent sir

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to first year in the business that is how it is in NJ next year with no claims you may be able to shop better, my second year I went on a $500 policy

4. TheLugNutZ

Thanks. Yeah I bit the bullet... hopefully prices are better next year. I knew they would be higher up front.

5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Jersey

Is this business liability or workers comp or commercial vehicle insurance. If it is liability, you should get a refund back after they do an audit of your sales & payroll at the end of your term, unless you have knock out sales numbers &/or a large payroll or you file a claim. It could be $300- $400. Then they will lower your premium, by a few hundred the next year & you can continue to receive smaller refunds & lower premiums in the following years, unless your sales & payroll balloon or you file a claim.

6. TheLugNutZ

Question for you local guys... Where are you guys dumping your leaves and yard debris? I know a farmer, but he will only take a very limited amt of leaves and grass clippings and no branches or other debris.

Second: In that Jackson/Howell area what nursery is preferred for plants/flowers/mulch?? There are a few in the Monmouth County area just curious who everyone uses and why...

Also, come fall, I may need someone to sub out leaf curb-side pickup for clients that dont want them left at the curb. If anyone has a vac set up that is willing or able to do curb-side pickups, let me know.

Thanks

7. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Jersey

Where I am is a haul for you. Not my town, but a local town by me has a recycling center. Ask the municipal offices where you live or others by you, where they take their leaves. I take my leaves to the same place local towns by me take them, I pay $5.00 a yard for leaves. They turn them into compost and sell the compost. They also take grass $10.00, but no brush. A good local nursery by you is Brock. They sell wholesale to landscapers.

8. TheLugNutZ

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Immaculate Landscaping

Immaculate Landscaping LawnSite Member

Are the Jersey Boys Still here

10. Immaculate Landscaping

Immaculate Landscaping LawnSite Member

Generated or its now call Iron leaf in Edison, NJ. They take it all.

Also, TheLugNutZ Call the Lynoxx Group. I pay just over $900 for my business General Liability. it also didn't go up after i had a claim