Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys just curious if anybody knew of a good place to get top soil and compost in the Toms River area. Also a good place to get rid of tree stumps and a few yards of pea gravel mixed with some dirt.

I have a job coming up down there and i'm not to familiar with any places to dump and pick-up materials. The job is right off of Rt. 37.

DLAWNS....I see your in Toms River, If you know any places that could help me out it would be greatly apprieciated!!

Thanks, Jim.

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, check with Brian at RT 34 Supply. I'm sure he can help or refer you to some good places in the area.
    http://www.rt34landscape.com/

Kirk

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Your best bet is Ocean County Remanufacturing Center (OCRC) on Rt. 9 in Toms River. I know they sell tops soil and you can get rid of tree stumps and the pea gravel and dirt. Their phone number is (732)-244-1716
    To purchase materials there is also AC Hesse on Rt. 9. They sell but you can't dump there. Their number is (732)901-5600. Hope that helps. Let me know how the job works out.

4. JDavisLandscapes

Thank you DLAWNS. That helps a ton. They still haven't accepted my proposal as of yet, but I'm pretty sure they will. If I start the job I'll be sure to let you know.

5. JDavisLandscapes

Hey Kirk, thank you I will have to check that out as well. How is everything. I just finished my last class down at Rutgers for the year. It was the one with Domonic Mondi and Bruce Crawford. Definitly worth taking the class, learned some more great stuff.

Hope your nice and busy!

I just bought a mason dump yesterday. Going to pick it up later. 1996 F-Superduty, Diesel, 4x4, White to match my other truck, 120,000 miles.....for $5,500. I think I got a pretty good deal. Then I'm getting both my trucks lettered. I'll have to post some pics when its all said and done.

Thanks Kirk.

6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, great to hear you are busy and growing. Let me know what you may need or where you are working. You'll have to give me your critique of that class. I have been swept up in the rush of the season and was unable to attend. Sounds like a good truck, let me know when you and it will be in the area, I'll put you to work.

Kirk

7. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen LawnSite Member

finally a good amount of rain

8. mruiz

mruiz LawnSite Member

Thats for sure, let it rain, let it rain...

9. JDavisLandscapes

I agree....Supposed to rain all weekend too. Gives me time to get everything set in stone(estimates, designs etc.) plus get my equipment ready to go. Then its all about making MONEY starting 7AM monday morning. :)

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto 100%! :laugh: That's my plan also!