Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

The trade show is a rip off to both attendees and vendors. Vendors pay a hefty fee to exhibit to nobody.

2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

yea thats crazy that shows worth no more than $10. i wonder how the attendance was...

3. Groundspro

Groundspro LawnSite Member

Yea trade shows are a catch-22, expensive but where else can you go to see everything in one place?

As far as continuing education, check out the Professional Grounds Management Society out of Baltimore, MD. I'm currently going for my CGM (Certified Grounds Manager) which you CAN market commercially. It's not easy but worth it.

Just a thought...

4. phasthound

There is a very good turnout for the classes, but very few of them make it to the trade show.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad you guys told everyone about the show in AC. I was going to check out the trade show, but I'm glad I didn't waste my time or money. Thanks for the input!

6. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get some 20' hollys, arbos, leylands ..pretty much find any of them for a privacy fence quote..I am waiting on call backs now from one nursery now..but wanted to see if anyone has a good nursey...I called a few I use but they are pretty much done...cheers

7. phasthound

Come to the NJNLA and NJLCA shows.

8. TKO Landscaping

TKO Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Try Landex Nursery in Freehold. I just got a bunch of plants about a week and half ago from them and they were open and I believe they stay open all winter long (weather depending) Monday- Friday until 3. Its on 12 Howell road in Freehold right off Route 33. They're phone number is 732-462-8523.

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

LP STATILE in colts neck......Don't ask them too many questions though...you're supposed to be a professional and they really don't have much interest in spending time with you. Don't waste your time at Landex. If you need really big stuff...you can try the appointment only places out in Cream Ridge..Lust Garten, Halka, etc....../

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'll definitely be at the NJLCA show. When and where is the NJNLA show? Got a link?