Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We got a winner! I live in Waretown exit 69 off the parkway but do alot of work on LBI. Of course it never snows here so I don't provide any snow removal and than this year people have been killing it. I will be at home twiddling my thumbs again this weekend. I actually have a patio that we are in the middle of doing its a week long project turned into a month:hammerhead: with the weather.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

D and Vog you guys ready for this storm tomorrow?? From what I just saw you will get a nice amount. Up here we are only suppose to get like 3"-6"

3. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

yess sirr just went today and fixed anything that was iffy with my snowblowers from the dec storm. ill have 3 snow blowers running and 3 trucks. have about 6 businesses and 40 resis!!!

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

yup... equipments ready to go....check, workers are ready to go...check, waiting for the blizzard....check. Haha

5. Vogel-Landscaping

back in dec during that big storm 5 of my guys didnt show up!! it was me my father and my uncle (both older. father is my partner. uncle out of work due to economy and both are older.) so 5 guys stiffed us. we didnt get the first helper in till 10am then got 3 more around 1pm. still did about 50 properties but we were working till 12pm lol.

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

To be honest Id rather have several small 2"-4" storms compared to a few big ones. The smaller ones are easier to make more money.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

yea smaller storms are better and much easier on the equipment

But then again its great to be out for 2 days plowing :weightlifter:

be safe everyone

8. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

same here, easier to handle the lighter storms...even a few snow dustings we've had over the last couple weeks brought in decent cash

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Dude I feel your pain. We don't do the amount of work that you guys do, we just do some driveways, but the last storm it was myself, and I brought in two guys. Should have been more than enough, but one all of a sudden had to leave and one cried the whole time and had to go change his boots b/c he wore crappy boots and they got wet. So I called my brother and a friend of mine and they got me through the rest of the day. We worked till about 1:30. When all was said and done I got in around 2:30 am,, my wife told me she was pregnant and then I had to be awake in a couple hours to pick up my best friend/employee in Willow Grove PA from his deployment in Iraq! I will never forget the storm of 09! lol

10. Vogel-Landscaping

haha damn man thats rough!