Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Jersey dudes, Project Evergreen needs volunteers for some military families in three areas. Let me know if these are near any of you and if you are interested in helping. The areas are East Windsor, Browns Mills, and Jersey City. Here is the lady's info that handles the program.
    Joy Westenberg
    GreenCare for Troops Manager
    Minnesota
    218-732-9100-direct
    877-758-4835
    Please follow GCFT: http://greencarefortroops.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/GreenCareTroops
    Facebook--Project EverGreen/GreenCare for Troops

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not required by the state when you start the business, but for different licenses and town landscaping permits it is required. Most towns have code enforcement to enforce the permits as well as building permits and so on, so it is really hit or miss. Like Dlawns said it is not worth it especially cause you can get a $500,000 General Liability policy for around $500 for the year.

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for clarifying that for me!:waving:

4. xclusive

No prob!! :waving:

5. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

also to add. when you are using machines ( lawn mowers and weed wackers) that can launch rocks and wood etc like missiles. you can do a lot of damage. God forbid one of those projectiles hit someone and you had no insurance.:nono:

also guys on another note. saw another companys truck the other day in a parking lot. caution tape around the whole lot. with about 5 police cars. come to find out the driver was working on the parking lot. making more space in the parking spots. and he backed over someone and i believe didnt just hit them but ran them over. i imagine it would be hard to notice in a big dump truck you prob wouldnt even feel hitting somone small. if i find out more info ill let everyone know. but its def something we all fear with plowing.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Damn that's crazy...I hope everything works out for them....that sucks!

7. xclusive

Wow that is nuts!! I hope they werent killed. When backing up a dump truck you always have to be extra careful. Now imagine that guy doesnt have insurance, he sure is screwed!! Im sure he does though esp if he is plowing commercial lots cause most of them require you to carry insurance if you want to work on their property,

8. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

yea they are a fairly large company and legit. l know they are insured etc. just a shame what happend. Thats enough to put a company right out of business.

9. xclusive

Very true. That is why it is always a good idea to also have an umbrella policy on top of your regular insurance policy.

10. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

did any of you guys down south get snow today? we got about 5-7 inches today from a storm they said on the news last night was going to leave us with a "dusting" in my area