1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

i got about an inch that laid on snow we already had. nothing on pavements tho.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I would say we maybe got a total of 1" but no accumulation on hard surfaces though here either.

3. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

thats what i was expecting around here based on what I heard on the news last night/saw online, looked outside figuring I'd see a dusting and no more snow falling but it was coming down hard. Finally stopped sticking around 2 and we went out but it didnt stop falling till around 7. We got between 4-8 inches depending on the area. It was that nice light snow too, easy to handle

also, for the first time today I saw kids out shoveling door to door actually low balling jobs away from eachother I overheard them at a house nextdoor to one of ours, one group of kids says 20 bucks while the other groups yelling from down the street that they'll do it for 18 :laugh:

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

ahhh future lco's of america!:laugh:

5. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

That is great!!! :laugh:

6. Vogel-Landscaping

so i been looking for a cheap used dump all winter to add to my fleet. i want to keep the overhead low becasue all my equipment is paid off except 1 truck. i finally came across a 2003 f450 diesiel mason dump extended cab white color in great condition. has about 80,000 miles on it. gonna have it checked out to make sure its in good condition. best part about it is that its 16,000. i was wanting to spend between 15-25. a few deals past me by so far. but with this extra money from the snow and my tax return form last year ill be good to go. going to see it tomorrow. wish me luck! :cool2:

7. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

exactly what I was thinking! Too bad its "wrong" I wouldnt mind paying them 20 bucks to do a few of our annoying customers lol everybody always wants to be first :dizzy:

Sounds like a great deal! goodluck:drinkup:

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck...I hope it works out for ya...I'm still looking myself....

You're telling me.....All of my customers are always so patient when it comes to their lawns, leaves, etc. when we get rain and such, but when it comes to snow its a whole different story.....so impatient. It's all good though!

9. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

Good luck dude!!

10. Vogel-Landscaping

i hear that. everyone wants you out as soon as the snow stops. i cant do over 50 customers in the first hour after the snow stops lol!! i ususally require 24 hrs after the storm stops to get everything done. most of the time i get done before that but its rough when the storm ends at like 8 at night im out all night doing businesses then the residentials come the next day and ppl dont like waiting till 8oclock at night. but if we dont get to someone and they get that 20 dollar kid to do it for them its ok. they are on the list for next time. we just rotate them higher in the list. we wont make the same ppl wait all the time each storm. but the priority customers pay more because they want to be done first. life in the big city i guess? lol :usflag: