Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

True story! couldn't have said it better myself!

2. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

i need to get my posts up so i can become a platinum member like you buddy lol!! :clapping:

3. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, we rotate our schedule every storm, but theres a few we keep up on the top of the list, right after the commercials, who are willing to pay a little extra since they need to be able to get out because of their jobs (doctors/cops). I'd much rather a storm that stops sometime in the morning, where we have the whole day and then can work into the night

4. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

i also like when they end like 4 5 am. i still work on my businesses during the night and keep them close to bare pavement because i cant do residential at night anyway and i dont want to waste my time in the morning. when i know the storm will come to an end in an hour or so i do my last commercial trip around and then 6 am start with the residential. when the storms end like that i can get everything done by 7ish at night which is good.

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

is this for mowing only?

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Haha...yeah, its a real problem how much I was on here...lol I'm going for 5,000 and I'll be a fanatic...lol:laugh: Only like 111 for you and you'll be a senior member!

I guess it could be for anything, but the ones that I did were for mowing only. I'm sure if you talk to Joy she would have better answers than I would. Are you thinking of volunteering?

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

yea i dont mow though.. only seed and plant.. ill shoot her an email.... thanks

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Gotcha...cool, let me know if you need any more info...tell her Bill sent ya from Lawnsite.

9. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

I love when i can finish plowing the businsses before theres people on the street/parking lots especially one of my lots is a sears hardware and people are constantly driving right up behind me/walking right behind me in such a rush to get inside to buy a damn shovel which btw i've never understood the mad rush for shovels before a storm, where do all the shovels from the previous storms disappear to?:confused:

10. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Only a couple of inches here in Camden County. Not much more than a nuisance. We've had plenty with piles all over the road edges and massive piles, for us, in parking lots.

Kirk