Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

its been a strange winter, a few storms ago you guys got pounded with like 2 ft and we didnt see a flake. Right across the street from one of my dealers a roof collapsed from the weight of the snow, alot of trees & power lines down too

2. GrassMasterslawnserv

GrassMasterslawnserv LawnSite Member

Right now I'm running a 91 f150 5liter stick. This past storm I was pushing every bit of 18" in lodi
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

how is it plowing with a stick ? I need a second truck and auto trucks are a little more money

4. GrassMasterslawnserv

GrassMasterslawnserv LawnSite Member

Its really not bad plowing with a stick shift....providing that you have the right guy driving it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

Get this guys. I had a client before who discontinued service. He is the owner of a construction business. After attempt after attempt to collect his remaining balance (which was only a hundred or so maybe 2) he slipped through the cracks. So we let him slide for whatever reasons. Well he has a friend that owns 2 differet franchise restaruaunts on a major rd on my area RIGHT NEXT to each other. My ex customers friend was asking him about a landscaping for both properties. Well my x customer calls and tells us never knew he owed us any money and gave us a great great recommendation. Hopefully this would come through it would be a great account to have. A Lot of mulch, large parking lots for snow,and a lot of trimming. Also a lot of weeds growing through the parking lot. I just passed my right - of - way test for nj a few weeks ago. Not all bum customers end up being bums in the end i guess!!

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats awesome...good for you!

7. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man....I'm a major facebooker, lol. I would love an IM feature on here. I want to say people have asked the mods to add a chatbox feature and they said they weren't going to be adding one. It would be so much easier. I have all the alerts to my phone for subscribed posts and PM's and visitor messages, which speeds things up, but an IM feature would be sick....

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just friend requested you on fb....lol At least I hope it was you...:laugh:

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Bill,
    The state actually listed Toms river at 10" for the last storm. (whiting was 11)
    Thought you should know. We got about that in Jackson, 3" thurs then 6"or so early Fri.