Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Eastern Red Bud.

Rutgers has some great courses for landscapers.

Here's one taught by Rutgers Professors, but not at Rutgers.

Soil Biology and its Effects on Tree Management
    Monday May 10 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
    Dr. Joseph Heckman, Professor of Soil Science, Rutgers University
    Dr. Jason Grabosky, Professor of Ecology, Evolution and Natural Resources, Rutgers University

This course will address the nature and composition of soils and how they impact the health and development of trees and shrubs. We will examine the structural and chemical composition of soil as well as our historical understanding of it. Most importantly we will examine the “living” component of soil, from microbes and earthworms to mycorrhiza and learn how the life below ground affects the growth of the trees above. Students will receive a 48-page primer on soil biology as well as a compendium of relevant articles as part of the class fee. This course carries 6 CEUs for ISA arborists and 6 CEUs for Pennsylvania landscape architects.

Fee: $140 (includes lunch)

To register, see the brochure of all professional offerings at

http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/arboretum/ed_arboriculture.shtml

or call the Morris Arboretum at 215-247-5777, ext. 125 or 156.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

cercis canadensis aka eastern redbud available in tree or clump form

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the great info guys! I really appreciate it..

4. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey does anyone work out in monroe. We are cutting up some sod and have to get rid of it somewhere out here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mykal918

Mykal918 LawnSite Member

TimNNJ - yes, DMH Lawn Care cuts in Eatontown - be glad to take on new customer. Send along the email. Dave H, Owner

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Any Jersey guys cut lawn in Paramus? If so pm me or reply to this. I have a guy that I use to take care of and now that I no longer service Paramus I told him I would try to find him some one else. Thanks

7. drvnbysound

drvnbysound LawnSite Member
    from Florida

So I'm using a friend's account, but im actually from Bordentown, NJ. We moved into a row house in Bordentown City this past winter. Now that it is spring and we finally get to see our garden grow, we notices it's pretty crappy! We are looking for a company to just come out and basically strip the backyard which is roughly 15'x60'. I don't need anyone to lay down mulch or anything, I think I can handle that part. Its more weeding, and getting rid of bricks or stones used as dividers to make small beds and also the redish/brown pebbles used often in cheap landscaping. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated, we are on a tight budget, but please let me know!

8. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

yo guys where do you all get your flowers. do you buy them whole sale? if so where? im sick of buying flowers at retail and only getting what these flower stands and all have which is never much of a selection.

9. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I get mine from a wholesaler up here in north jersey. Its called Van Vugt

10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

For annuals check out Lucas Greenhouse. For plants trees and grasses call SMP Farms. PM me for their numbers.