1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jewish hoiliday this weekend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Sep 24, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i work in a area where many of my customers are jewish, after sundown on friday were not aload to be on the property till sunday, with the rain on tuesday has us a day behind so it looks like ill be mowin friday on monday anyone else out the in this boat?? tony
  2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Did they actually tell you not to come. I have cut on Rosh Hashanah before and they have come out and talked to me. No Jewish customer has told me not to come yet. Just lucky I guess.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Charge them for it!!
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I will probably be in the same boat, Tony. I will finish my Friday lawns on Monday. I have many Jewish customers also and I try to be respectful of their holidays. If I think I may be there on a holiday, I will call first to get the OK.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

LOL john.....

well that is a good point....unless you were specifically told not to show up...I would...if they complain, bill then 50% for showing up...its their fault for not calling
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi General Grounds,

If you talk to them and find an answer, I am interested in hearing what they say.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I just mow right through. Never had any problems. Lots of Jewish people in Ann Arbor, too.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I just mow right through. Never had any problems. Lots of Jewish people in Ann Arbor too.

9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Whould you mow right through Easter?
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I would talk to each customer if posible. It is a tough call because if they want their lawns looking good then you have to cut it. If it gets out of hand then its still your problem. I'd explain what the situation is to them.
    You have to be sensitive to the holidays of different groups. It isn't the same as snowblowing on Christmas. I'm not Jewish but I do know some Jewish people and there are some that really take the holidays seriously. On the other hand there are some that don't. But then I know lots of people who aren't Jewish that are the same way. Best bet in my book is communication. Good Luck.