Jeykll and Hyde Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Mar 17, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Went to bid two seperate cleanups today.

The first lady greets me at the door takes me in the yard to show me around. Tell her minimium $450 and before I can give her a max she says "$800?". That is for only part of the yard. Turns out her husband is one of the owners of the local construcion companies. Then she says "what if I give you $1500 to work with to see how much that gets me? If you do a good job there is still alot more to do. Needless to say I said "yes" be here tomorrow at 8 sharp!!

Next customer is a local shop owner wants leaves bagged front and back yard probably about 1/2 acre, wants old mulch out of beds replaced with new ones , and then to trim along the fence line that is completely overgrown. Quote $350 for the job, more than likely underbid but who knows, his response "well my son is in college and that is a lot more than I was willing to spend,I am getting bids from a few other companies so I will get back to you"

What a day............

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

1500 bucks solo in one day...? If you won't want it I'll take it.

3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhhhh jus give me $2000, an I'll clean up everything for ya......

I am movin to Alabama!!!!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

think you could swing up here and pick me up bastalker?

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Sure tiedeman.........50/50? I figure a few hundred round trip, an we can split the rest. $750 a piece for a couple days work......

6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Sick, we had one of those customers, Can you do it.....yes.....good talk to me when you get done i got cash for ya. He was a great cutomer with wads of cash, i miss him :(.