1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jim Goodall Equiptment

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rvon99, Aug 25, 2012.

1. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be looking for a used one for 3k
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

I would buy a nice used one with hydro angle for 3k. Can't seem to find one

4. muddywater

Why do you need hydro angle?

5. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

Because I want to windrow rocks and I dont want to open the door and let out all the the cold a/c to angle it!

6. muddywater

I just never use the angle function, even when grading large commercial sites. I try to pull it back to the edges then scoop it up. If you have a bunch of windrows seems like a pain to scoop it up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

Would you recomend a 72" or 84" for a Kubota SVL 75?

8. muddywater

Prob 72" unless you are doing big commercial sites... that 84" is a monster. There is a guy ebay with a 72" bobcat harley rake for about 3k and 200 shipping. I have bought from him before and he is a straight up guy. No hydro angle though.

My buddy does more grading than i do and he took the hydro angle off of his harley, we just dont use it. I had to grade out 50 acres for the county a couple years ago and didnt use my angle. Maybe some guys on here haVe a different opinion?

9. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

I used Landpride's version of the rake with hyd. angle for a 50,000 sq ft parking lot a few weeks ago. It was a 72" model mounted on an SVL75. I tried out the angle function a few times just to see what it'd do but ended up not using it. I could see using it to crown a driveway or something like that.

10. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

I have two 84" harleys, and one 84" bobcat all with hydraulic angle. I use the angle function all the time, and personally would never buy one without the hydraulic angle. I wish our 48" one for the mini skid had it.