Jim Lewis

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Waterit, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

I notice Jim Lewis hasn't posted since he landed that big service deal.:laugh::laugh:

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

He's busy going to the beach and out to dinner at 5 courses restaurants since he's currently livin' the high life!

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's a b-i-i-i-g system!

under_shaft_13b.jpg

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

He kept it to himself, too, I showed up with my Rain Master hat and motor home & he
    called the cops!

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

From greasy spoons to Pinot Gris in one easy step!

baronHoenPinotGris-thumb.jpg

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! My own self-titled thread??? I am honored!

That estate my irrigation tech. is working on is a large job. He's made a few grand there in just two Thursdays (we are only allowed on the property on Thursdays).

But that's not the reason I haven't been posting to LS. First off, I generally don't post a whole lot during the busy season. I post more in the fall and winter when things are slow. But second, I have been working a lot just trying to land some big jobs to keep our crews working. This is a tough year. Hard to land jobs. But my hard work paid off this week when I signed a contract for a $75,000 job. That's just one residential yard. And just the back yard at that. We already did about $40K in the front yard earlier this year. Anyway, this is a pretty big job for us - the biggest contract I've ever landed. We're starting Monday and it will take a good 4-6 weeks probably. Lots of Irrigation, 2500 sq. ft. of paver patio, a ton of rock boulders and rock slab staircase, a large lawn to install, a ton of plants and trees, lighting and more. So that's the kind of stuff I've been busy doing. I have a few other smaller jobs in the works too but waiting to hear back on a few of those.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Come on, you must have time to :drinkup: and post a pic or two. :)

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't taken any photos of this place yet. But I'll get some before photos on Monday for the back yard project we're starting. The Before-Afters will be pretty awesome.

Just as a side note, as big as this job is for us, it still doesn't outweigh the loss of business we've had this year - sad to say. Landscape construction and new irrigation systems are way down this year. We were lucky to get this project. If I hadn't, I'd be laying off another crew.

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone else want to weigh in on how much decrease/increase they've experienced this year?

Our installs are way off - we usually do 2-3 a week, down to 2-3 a month.
    Service is down 35% from last year.

Commercial construction picking up some, but housing still flat as a board.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

500% growth this year:)

but then again, im full time now.