jimmyjack's photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jimmyjack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

yup all cat equipment , all the the trucks are MACK or GM ...well there is one pete

2. jimmyjack

some new pics .....got a shot of one of the one tons in the yard , and a couple from the materials yard , the pete stocks the yard all day , and the crusher making 1"1/2 recycled asphalt

006.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

3. jimmyjack

and just a pic of my truck looking clean

007.jpg

4. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

That's a small impact impact crusher. Wow. You guys would your production by 15343352352% if you screened out everything under 1" first and re-added it later. Nothing bogs a impactor down like dirt. especially wet dirt. Or is that conveyor under the grizzly trying to do that?

5. jimmyjack

nope thats the way they do it , everything gets run though the crusher , ( thats gravel mixed with all that asphalt not dirt but its hard to tell from the pic) the asphalt gets run though then on to the screener to make the 1"1/2 , when the crush concrete they skip the screener and just pile it making 3" roadbase

6. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Remind me and I'll get pictures of an operation that does the same thing here on a larger scale, if you'd like. That's awesome work though, regardless.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That Mack you drive is sure short wheelbase is it on Camel back suspension. Also nice to see people still use dayton (spoke) wheels :drinkup:

8. jimmyjack

yea tell me about it and yea its on camelback 58rears....they (the owner and the guy who originally drove the truck) went to mack and custom built the truck for JAM , they spec'd it like that to work with the paver better ....they had the rear ends moved forward and a foot added to the body passed the hinge point to dump farther into the paver hopper and not need a apron ....it works on paper in the real world the paving crew hates the truck you cant run the body up all the way now cause the gate hits the floor of the hopper first and for weight wise its a pain the load the truck right to get enough weight on the front axle .....the truck was spec'd with a mack 18spd for some reason too , theres no need for it with the way macks rear ends are geared.....all and all it looks nice but its not the best spec'd dump truck ............and for the second part its still pretty common around for trucks to still be running wagon wheels

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

On the East Coast spoke wheels do seem to be more common along with Mack trucks.

Trial and error to see what works too bad the idea didn't work the old truck could be stretched to make the wheelbase longer if it was going to be used for another purpose. That model year Mack is better than the Granite series that replaced the old R models.

10. jimmyjack

it could be stretched but they wouldnt do that , then that would mean they'd need a new body for it too , its kinda not worth it .....yea the RD is basically a R model with a new hood , but i dont care for the Granite cabs .....