jimmyjack's photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jimmyjack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks bud, that answers a lot of questions for me! Great pics, keep em coming!

2. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

nice set ups, it looks like that RD plow frame is off the front axle?

3. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

who are you plowing for with a fleet of tandems like that. The only place I ever see trucks set up like that is for the municipalities/state?

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The plow drivers around here really don't like plowing with the tandem dumps they have a belly and a front mount plow. The guys prefer the 5 ton plow trucks, some of these guys have 36 years of driving plow in the winter.

Most of the single axle plow trucks are tandem axle spec with a single axle 300hp engine, 13spd and 35,000lb gvw. They are pushing the braking capacity of the truck they just have enough braking power to stop a loaded truck. Some of the trucks have L10/M11 Cummins with jake.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Your such an idiot... You do anything or all you do is know people that do something?

6. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

The pic's look great!! What size is the sander in the one-ton thats closest to the backhoe? 3yrd?

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

the plow frames on the mack trucks are all similar to were they are pinned to the frame at the bumper then they sit on the front axle........ i'll get a pic

8. jimmyjack

as like most of the companys around here for winter work they plow state roads .......for us, we have 10 trucks that go to the state when it snow , 5 ten wheelers , 4 six wheelers and 1 one ton.........

9. jimmyjack

um you know im not really sure , it sure looks like it

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Uhhm lets see I worked for the highways dept when I was in my early 20s, I have friends that work for the highways dept that have driven plow trucks for many years. We live in a area where there is snow and you need to use a single axle plow truck with 5 tons of salt in it for enough traction along with the drive tires chained up.

I currently have 3000lb lead battery on my truck for winter weight and will chain up for the snow storm that is going to hit the area tomorrow afternoon.