jimmyjack's photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jimmyjack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

yea like i said i hate driving it ,forgot to say its a 99 will only do 68mph ..... the thing i hate the most with it is the trans , supposed to go 1,2,3 lo then 1,2,3,4,5 hi but you dont even need lo even when loaded unless you were in the mud ..... 4,5 are the worst you got to rev the hell out of it in 3 to only have it fall on its face in 4th the littlest uphill makes it fell as if your going backwards

2. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

It's always awesome loading snow, You can carry SO much in one bucket compared to anything else, just feels huge and awesome

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me, when these trucks are driving their snow load on the road, are they required to tarp?

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Ron you could be gauranteed if that was in BC some stupid CVSE inspector would nail the driver for a un-tarped load :rolleyes:

5. jimmyjack

we werent , i dont thing anybody say anything that late at night .....the loads were as much as the body would carry lol even had snow on the cab shield, some of the loads i dont think the canvas arms would cover

6. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like fun, nothing like winter time to get some weird hours in.

7. jimmyjack

well it seems that since christmas we've had snow at least once a week , so not much new to post ,can only post so many pics of the same thing :laugh:......

but as for my side business , my partner and i got another skid that he's got with him being used with that environment company that i used to and he still works for

PT80-1.jpg

PT80-2.jpg

PT80-3.jpg

PT80-4.jpg

8. jimmyjack

and then on the older one we broke one of the rear axles , but i'd say this was because we ended up taking the rear scapers off cause at one point they got bent all to hell from rocks and were chewing up the wheels, not thinking about having issues in the snow.....well one of thecompanys laborers uses it in the snow plowing so im guessing snow ended up getting packed in between the rear wheels putting to much stress on the axle and drive motor breaking it and the turn buckle , cause when i picked it up he had almost spit the track all the way off and there was snow packed all in the wheels .....spend the other weekend fixing it

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Yikes. I'll have to keep an eye on the snow pack in the tracks. Glad you fixed it. The other guy from our area had the same issue I think. Love the white one.:clapping:

10. jimmyjack

as long as u still have the scrapers on the machine you shouldnt have a problem....and when talking with one of the guys from asv he said it was common enough that they put bigger axles on the new ones and they make a fix for the older ones

on a side note we talked to our sales guy for the yellow one , if they gave us a good number on the that one as a trade we were gonna trade it in for a 100G but it might be just wishful thinking