jimmyjack's photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jimmyjack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Come on now junior, pull out your pocket dictionary your teacher gave you. :laugh:

2. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

A prevailing wage is the median wage paid to workers in a specified locality. Prevailing wage may include both wages and benefits. It encompasses the compensation for a worker given for performed labor.....

Does that makes sense or should I draw you a picture.:hammerhead:

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

thats what that was? I used it as fire starter!

Thanks dick! :waving:

4. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Do you want to hug it out?

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Not exactly sure where your goin with this, but no.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

ive worked here before ,its not bad ,its a job ......... yea i think theres 6 or 7 backhoes , skid steer and a 311 excavator for the smaller streets or the 320 were it will fit , its and older part of town so the streets are pretty small....give me a shout next time your down this way

7. jimmyjack

its a federally funded project , so it goes by the Davis bacon act , you should take the time to look it up ,i cant explain it that well on this , but i know it changes from time to time but i know it pays well to on a "rate" job:clapping:

8. jimmyjack

all loaded up ....my partner came back from sc last week from the same job i was on , left it loaded to go to ny this week with him again , now i just need to find a nice priced one for side work at home ...oh yea bought the gooseneck and grapple when we were working in sc ,gotta love bank repo's

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't feel bad Jr. I was going to ask the same thing about the prevailing wage. I was not exactly sure what that meant either.

10. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

While not a requirement on private work, pretty much all Governmental work requires that prevailing wage be paid to workers directly involved in a project.