Jinma Tractors Good/Bad?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FreshCuts, Aug 20, 2004.

1. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a new tractor and keep running across these tractors under the Jinma and other names. They are all the same tractor. I am looking at a 35hp 4x4 with front end loader and 5' bush hog and was quoted $11,500 with a 1 year warrenty. Just wanted to know if anyone on here has has any dealings with this brand or have used one. All comments welcome.

Here is a pic of one like I have looked at.
    [​IMG]

2. farmer_lab

farmer_lab LawnSite Member
    from KS

good luck finding parts and someone who will be there when you need them. Stick with a JD, NH, Kubota. See who has what you want and how well others like the products that have purchased from them. Service would be my #1 priority when buying a tractor.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

There labeled "Farm Pro" around here and there made in china. 40 yr old technology on a chineese built tractor and guess what it will be worth in a couple of yrs. Stick with the name brands, you will have dealer support and parts availability for yrs to come + the resale will be almost what you paid new.

Mac

4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

who makes the engines for them?? iv'e seen lots of chinese made atv and tractors overhere lately,and the prices look good maybe thats all thats good about em

5. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

I did alot of research before buying my Kubota. I agree with the others. These Chinese tractors (gray market) are basic, inexpensive and would probably work just fine, but, if something did go wrong with it, you're screwed. If its something you wont be using alot or wont be "needing" than why not. But if its something you want to depend on, then spend the money and get the whole package, tractor, parts, service, warranty, ect. You get alot more option choices with the Green, Orange, Blue and even Red models than with the Grays.

6. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I am not a green fan, but I do like orange and blue. I ran across Jinma at a local tractor shop that has them and the parts in stock. Thats the only reason I looked at them. I do think the savings will pay off in the long run. I may have to get out and do some more shopping. I am just tired of getting beat to death on my old Ford tractor. It time for a up grade. Thanks again for the insight.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Get a kubota. You almost never need any parts for them. Like what everyone else hear has said. Parts and service are hard to get after 5 years and you probably couldn't even give it away after 5 years. These chinese tractors just can't keep up with the real tractors.

8. jinma224

jinma224 LawnSite Member

I have a Jinma224 and really enjoy it. I have 160 hours on it with loader, backblade, auger, middle buster. My buddy up the road has a kioti 20 Hp and the Jinma definitely has more digging and PTO power then his. Not mocking any tractor just the facts. I dig with a 9" auger with the tractor @ 800 RPM's and it doesn't bog and also can fill the loader with a 5" bucket full of muck and it lifts it effortlessly @ the same Rpm's. Mine is a 2 cylinder and his is a three. At 800 rpm's he lowers the bucket to raise the front wheels and the motor loads up. I have pics of the tractor on my website............

Your money and your decesion what you buy but for the price of a good quad you have a very powerful machine.

http://users.adelphia.net/~gizmo

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bnrhuffman- I think you are confusing gray market tractors with Chinese tractors. Gray market tractors are imported used, usually from Japan. They are not intended for use in the US market. Parts are not available directly from the manufacturer, although parts from aftermarket sources are readily available. I have a gray market tractor (Yanmar) and have found it to be very reliable. Chinese tractors, on the other hand, are new and do meet US safety requirements. (ROPS, seat interlocks, etc.) However, they come with very short warranties, usually parts only, and the build quality is not on par with the "big three". Also, the dealer and service network is not nearly as developed. In commercial use, service is critical. If I buy a new tractor, it will probably be a JD or Kubota, but JD, Kubota and New Holland are all excellent machines. Kioti, a Korean brand, is right up there too, but only if you have a good dealer close by.

10. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

hosejockey,
    You are absolutely right. I did lump the Chinese in with grays and I was wrong. I believe gray also means a brand for which there is no U.S. dealer network, only importers who receive the crate or tractor and pass it along to the buyer. Since there are Jinma, Nortrac, Taskmaster, Farmboss, Workhorse, etc. dealers (although very few) out there, they arent actually "gray". When I was shopping I mentally lumped them all together because of the lack of warranty and dealer support in my area.