JLC Lawn Care Equipment/Work Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JLC Lawn Care, May 13, 2014.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, wish i had customers with that nice of grass so my stripes would look good....

2. mwalz

Also is your trailer 12' or 14'?

3. JLC Lawn Care

JLC Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You should try a stripe kit, that grass isnt fertalized or anything and it still stripes for me. I think the wider deck helps too, my 36" barely stripes.
    I do appreciate my customers with nice lawns though.

4. JLC Lawn Care

Its a 12' tandem

5. JLC Lawn Care

It fits 2 walk behinds perfectly, with about 4 inches to spare

6. mwalz

Ok good, because that is what i am going to do once I get my 12' and another wb. Won't be a tandem, those are expensive, just single axle, get that and some trimmer racks/blower racks, then i will be set.

7. JLC Lawn Care

Sounds good, i would go used to avoid the expense on the trailer, mine is a home made, just make sure its structurally sound and youll be good. I only paid $600 for mine, and then fabbed the ramp with a buddy of mine.

8. JLC Lawn Care

As for blower racks, I barely use mine, my back up blower that i rarely use just sits on one, and my blower that i use daily i just throw in the back of the truck. Its just much easier to grab it than to have to un lock and unlatch it. If you can find a deal on some though might as well get them, just make sure they and the trimmer traps lock.

9. mwalz

Yea but the trailers i find are 6.5' wide, and my mom doesn't want me driving one that wide since I'm only 16. Ad plus i don't have the cash at the moment, and she likes the idea of putting on a credit card too...

10. JLC Lawn Care

Makes sense, you dont need the tandem unless u carry a ton of weight like dirt or rocks. Mine is 6' wide deck.