job done and she will not pay!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gil, Apr 8, 2005.

1. gil

gil LawnSite Member

I learned my lesson. I did some jobs for a customer and everything went well until last month when I did a $90 job for this customer almost 1 month ago. I sent her the invoice twice and finally a final letter saying If i didn't get a check by next week her account will be closed and I will no longer take care of her property. I know she is not going to pay because I didn't offer her a contract. :angry: Unfortunately I can't claim anything because there is nothing written in paper. Today I've learned: ALWAYS GET A CONTRACT FROM A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER. (She will be sorry next winter if she gets one of those 25" snow storms and nobody plowed her driveway :D :D )

2. StealthDT

StealthDT LawnSite Member

Got round up?

3. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Does any one think people might fall on some hard time . i do see you point tho but make phone contact with her/him . Have you ever been late with a bill ? did you not have money to pay this at any time in your life this is not just for you but every one ? I feel better when i get ****** by someone i don't know what kills me is when it's family that ***** ya

language

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Yes but then I don't owe me money and the customer does. I could care less if someone is on hard times or not, you asked for work to be done you better damn well be paying when I complete the job.

5. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

well see in your state, how a contract is defined,verbal contract are as good as written,take a look! also you can write this as a lost on your 2005 tax return next year! payup

6. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

you should ahve said NO not yes

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

A big part of this job is being a bill collector. YOu are giving up to easy. Get over there and hound the woman until she pays you or moves to get away from you lol

8. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever heard of a workers lean?

Put a lean against her house. Might cost you 100.00 to do this but you will get all your money back plus late charges when she tries to sell her house.

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Visit when she has company. Be polite. You will get paid.
    Crawdad

edit-if that doesn't work, do like Charles says, and hound her.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Send bg over with his shovel...that should convince her.