Job Estimating Sheet and Actual Job Cost Sheet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by EgansCountryGardens, Dec 15, 2008.

1. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

Okay guys, here is a program that I've been working on that is excel based. You'll see at the bottom of the screen it has two pages. The first page is for the original estimate company records only, the second page is so you can job cost the job at the end, and see what you really made. I even have on the second sheet, an area for commission for a sales person, as I pay my sales person on a commision of the profit of the job.

Now on the "Job Cost " sheet, pay no attention to the error formula in the box at the bottom for profit margin. It will correct itself as you enter the numbers. Also in the "profit margin" box, it is not in percent. it is .__ You have to move the decimal place over two places. For example .37 = 37%. In the "commission of profit" box, you have to enter also in decimal form the percent of profit that you intend to give your salesperson. For example, I pay my sales person 30% of profit, so I enter it as .30

My pay is based out of my company overhead that is approx. $950 per day for my approx. 140 working day season. This pays all my utilities, rent, insurance, my pay, and secretary for season. Make sense?

It is really a simple program. All you have to enter is your material name, quantities and unit prices. The program figures out the rest.

You may be better off printing it first before you enter anything, this way you can see how it all looks when done. Again, this is not to give to the customer as an estimate, just for your records so that you know what sort of profit margin you are running on your jobs.

I hope this helps some guys, this took me a few years to actually perfect. And the best part is that its free for you guys. :)
    I also included a sample estimate that I have done.

2. EgansCountryGardens

Sorry, I'm trying to upload the program, but it's not letting me. Let me try this......

This is not working, does anybody know how to upload an excel file. It is saying that it is invalid. Is it not possible???

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

im not sure why it wont let you load it... but if you cant could you send it to me in an email? smileyrine@yahoo.com

thanks

4. EgansCountryGardens

I sent that email to you.

5. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

thanks that is a nice spreadsheet. did you set it up yourself? that is good!

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

EgansGardens,

I sent you a PM, wondering if I could check out your program as well?

Thanks,
    Tyler

7. EgansCountryGardens

Yeah, I set it up myself. The most important thing is to make sure that you include your overhead into your estimates. This way, you cover all your bills. The profit of course should be after your overhead, and after paying yourself. You are an employee of your company just like any other employees you have. The profit is for the company's future.

I've got a few more bugs to work out, but overall it works really good. Thanks.

8. audubonlandscape

audubonlandscape LawnSite Member

9. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Just change the extention from XLS to JPG

If you can't see the extention, open the folder that it's in, at the top click on Tools - Folder Options - View -- Show Hidden Files an Folders should have the bullet in it, and below that Hide Extentions for Known File Types should be UN-checked. -- then OK (you only need to ever do this once, as it's a system wide change)

Then if you right click on the file, select RENAME, and you should be able to change the extention. Say OK to changing it.

Upload it here, then anyone that downloads it will have to repeat the steps above to change it back to XLS and view it.

If you don't have MS Office -- you can get OpenOffice at www.openoffice.org -- has the ability to read/write office documents.

Enjoy!

Abe

10. aqualawn

aqualawn LawnSite Member