Job for skidsteer/mtl w/ mulcher head??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Oct 6, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

As far as stumps, get it all cleaned up and have a per stump price to dig or grind them
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

Yep +1.

Go buy a Stihl FS250R brushcutter for $500 and be done with it.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/professional-trimmers/fs250r/

This is what I use but I also line trim with it (change heads). They have bigger models and some with 2 handles.

Do you have to cut any live trees over a couple inches?

3. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

Or my local place rents a billy goat walk behind brushcutter for about $70 a day, another option.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I want the lots to look like ths finished product when done. [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I still use my tractor powered bush hog for jobs like this. I have a very old heavy duty bushhog brand mower and everything in the pictures would e easy to mow. Those big logs if not rotten would need to be hauled off. If rotten I would just bust them up with my mower. So saying that I would just get a mower like this for your skid.

http://www.bushmasterequipment.com/BM601.htm

There only about 3000.00 dollars and will cut whatever you need. The next step up in mowers will be a 7000.00 dollar mower. They will be much less expensive to run than a mulcher.

I also use my harley rake to spread the cut material evenly or I have an old pulveriser I use to rake it up into piles and use for ground cover under the trees.

6. KrayzKajun

Ive got an extreme duty cutter on my tractor. Ive rulled out the mulcher. I figure go in with skidsteer and grapple , drag out all the big stuff and pullout/push over all the small diameter stuff. Scrap it then come over with the bushhogg.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

On flat ground the tractor cuts really nice. I start at a lower rpms till I knock everything down and then drop the mower low and turn the rpms up to mulch it up. Even the larger trees I run the mower down it while on the ground to get rid of the limbs.

8. KrayzKajun

What type of price should i shoot for to secure more work clearing the other lots for the developer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

Well here is my plan. Go in and mark all trees that are to be removed(everything less than 6" in diameter). Cut all downed trees into manageable pieces , use skidsteer w/ grapple to haul everything out to my dump trailer, scrap the geound really good with the grapple, them come bak over the bare ground with the bushhog on my tractor. Would a price range between $2500-3500 each lot be out the question?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KrayzKajun

A few more pics. The lots are 100'x185'. I counted approx 15 downed trees, 9 stumps to be knocked over, and prolly 25 standing trees that are damaged or broken in half. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device