Job pics from today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by icex, Jun 11, 2011.

1. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

Been on a job for 4 days now laying 400 feet of 6" pipe and catch basins. Hooked in a couple gutters to the pipe too. Lets start..

I ordered 300" pipe at first and figured out my measure diden't work so I had to order another 300".

They said it wouldent fit in my truck..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also the homeowner asked me to dig about 4 foot back into his hill.. I had him sign a release of liability.. I don't think it will slide.. do you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I would have blended that slope a little better, personally, but as long as the customer is happy that's all that matters. When cutting slope, start at the top and work down. I know that sounds stupid and terribly simple, but I've seen a lot of guys chop out the toe before they establish a consistent slope and once it's gone, it's gone. Also, practice using the heel of your bucket when cutting slope to give it a smooth finish, especially if you don't have a cleanup bucket handy.

3. icex

from WV

What I am worried about is the possibility of the hill sliding off. Whats the chances of it comming off? I dig probaly 4-5 feet back into the hill side.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Really depends on the soil and water flow. It appears that the slope is man made and native so I doubt that there is much oppurtunity for sliding. It is always advisable to establish ground cover or use some sort of erosion fabric in situations like.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like it'll hold but it's hard to say from my perspective not knowing your soils and precipitation.

6. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

What did you do for the other 4200"?

7. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I wouldn't worry about that hill, I've seen it before cut alot steeper than that without and problems.
    I'd of would of cut a few more feet off the top edge and laid that slope back to atleast a 1:1 and blended it together. throw a roll of matting on it and it'd be fine.

8. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

I can't decide on the slope............can u post a few more images......:laugh::laugh:

Ok....now seriously ........... how about cutting the top back a bit, loosen the soil on the slope and cheap seed combined with a erosion control mat....

9. icex

from WV

they are planning on hydro seeding it soon..

10. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

No offense but couldn't you cut the hill off all on one angle and made it smooth