job pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cedarcroft, Jun 28, 2006.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

This is a job we just finished. I subbed out the pool and patio and did all the rest. Since this is the hardscaping forum, I figured I should post the hardscape pics. In the fall we are building an outdoor kitchen and entertainment center for the customer.

pearlpool1.jpg

pearlpool2.jpg

pearlrear1.jpg

pearlfront1.jpg

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Ok let me get this right. Someone called you to install a pool. You subbed it all out and just planted a few shurbs and did some mulching?

3. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

don't hate the player...hate the game. My end of the job, minus the pool and patio was $49k. we did Sod, planting, boulders, grading, drainage etc. the entire job was well over $100k. On top of that, the kitchen/entertainment center we are installing in the fall will be about $30-40k. Not a bad job, sorry its not up to your lofty standards. if you don't like the pictures or the way I do business, move on to the next post.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

subbing work can be quite profitable. Show up and get paid for someone elses work.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

At least somebody gets it. "Do one thing and do it well." Pools probably arent in most peoples weekly lineup on this forum. So if he was the GC on the projects and applied his landscaping skills then he did darn well. I wish I could find a customer with those wants. Well done.

6. Pavers Plus

Pavers Plus LawnSite Member

Smart companies sub out what they aren't EFFICIENT at doing. I have a friend that worked for a company in Atlanta that does projects primarily between $100,000-$750,000. I assumed they did most of the work including all masonry, landscaping, pavers, pools, wood, water features, etc.... He told me they basically do the landscaping, grading, drainage, and maintenance. Once in a while they actually did a small construction project in house. They acted as the GC on the jobs, buttered up the clients and treated them well and added their 15-20% on top of the subcontractors prices......

Great looking job Cedarcroft!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Pools certainly are not your average job. 4 (i think) years ago my father and I installed our own 18x36' fiberglass pool. it was a hell of a job and in the end it came out alright. Not perfect, but its good enough for us. I know what corrections I would have to make to make it perfect. If someone approached me I might consider doing another fiberglass pool job, but it certainly is a tough business to be in. Every time I dig a big hole we get a lot of rain. garunteed.

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You must of done some fancy drainage if your end of the project was 49k. Thats alot of money. I just find that hard to belive unless there is work done not show in the photos. The photos show about 1 day worth of plantings and like 10 yards of mulch maybe.

Matt

9. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I agree. but maybe prices are way higher in NY?

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Nice looking job you had done there. I like that pool!!:clapping: :clapping: