Job Quote Need Help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by HOLE-N-ONE, Sep 13, 2006.

HOLE-N-ONE LawnSite Member

Need help with quote. I will be trimming 22 bushes and 2 14' evergreens. I estimate it will take me 2.5 hrs to trim and clean up trimmings,My rate is $35.00 per hour which would be $105.00 does this look reasonable.Also if I were to add another man and pay him $10.00 per hour what would be a fair quote to do the job. Think about($75.00)? what do you think?:confused:
    Always, Thanks!!
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

so, you are looking at 5.45secs per bush, cut and cleaned up... that takes you up to 2 hours... then a half hour for the evergreens. it is going to take you longer than 2.5 hours... and it all depends upon what is around the bushes, is it rock, mulch, grass, cleanup time varies depending upon what you are dealing with. on the evergreens, do they just need lightly shaped, or fully trimmed, and what kind of equipment are you using on them?
    price is too cheap, and time estimate is wrong.
    also, don't forget to think about disposal of clippings.

HOLE-N-ONE LawnSite Member

The evergrees just need light trim as well as the other bushes ,there is mulch in the beds.
  4. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge at least 60$ a hour for just myself. I tell customers this rate up front and if they don't like it, they can trim them... I hate trimming shrubs!
  5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Agreed. I usually charge $60/hr for myself and $45/hour for a helper. Raise your prices, man! :drinkup: