Job Related Pictures

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HokieAg07, Aug 6, 2008.

1. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

I know how everybody loves to see pictures so I just downloaded a bunch off my phone for yalls enjoyment..

This first one is great, they decided to give me a helper, which is great, however this kid is a literature major in college and his job prior to this one was at Starbucks. The kid didnt know how to operate a shovel or much of anything for that matter. This is at a job where a tent stake was driven through my mainline. Somehow the kid had gotten completely covered in mud and also decided that using his hands to backfill was faster than a shovel. I successfully scared him off in less than a week.

[​IMG]

Here we are looking for the 3" main that was cut. Contractors had come in and cut the pipe and it was shoved about 3' away from where they had cut it.

[​IMG]

My mentor Jerry putting on a new gate valve

[​IMG]

Mainline leak I came across yesterday at a huge HOA. As you can tell it is no more than 1" under the top of the sod...

[​IMG]

Today Verizon hit my main with their bullet while installing fiber. It was a muddy mess. Luckly I just got the verizon guys to do all the work..

[​IMG]

Thats all for now

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Them baristas got no staying power.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice (gasp) pics.

4. Great Pics. I've had those hand backfillers. I think the blisters from the shovels do them in.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I backfill with hands now and then.....

you have your self a mud PUPPY!!!

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh I loved those ones. I remember mid 90s when I was running a crew for previous employer, and we were installing at the new airport. We hired a lot of temp workers as well. I had one guy last one hour, and he walked off. a few others lasted until lunch and walked or drove off. And if any of you know where the C. Springs airport is, there isn't anyplace close to walk to. They didn't even have me sign their time sheets. just walked away....

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I had a guy last a day and a half before walking off.

Some people just can't handle it.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't you know .... "Shovel " is a 4 letter word. ;)

9. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

A few from today, one month until the cup race :clapping:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Are you depending on run-off to feed the lack of head-to-coverage in pic # 2?