Job Related Pictures

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HokieAg07, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Like yours is quality?

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

mine is the hottness

3. I'll give it up shortly.....

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Something wrong with a I-40 you've never installed? :hammerhead:

5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

What's up with ML? Did we forget to take our happy medicine again?

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few exes that needed that poster, they were the poster child for bipolar. Theres the poster.

8. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

Back to irrigation

Been working on a project lately that has been quite a challenge. I was called in to fix somebody's mess. It is an entrance to a new development consisting of 29 zones on a Hunter ICC with a 3/4 mile run of multi strand off the golf course water with a PRV. When I arrived only the 1st 15 zones worked, the rest didnt have continuity. A quick overview of the site showed that I had my work cut out. Multi was sticking out of the ground everywhere just cut and chopped up. Got 10 zones working after much pulsing and tracking. Today's project was getting last 4 zones working. Determined the common was cut after the last operating valve. Thought it would be an easy fix...

Tried pulling the wiring up out of the valve box, couldnt do it so started digging the box up. Hmm odd way to run the pipe eh?

[​IMG]

Is what I think is going on here really going on?

[​IMG]

No effin way...

[​IMG]

Awesome thrust block

[​IMG]

Forgot to turn the water off before demolition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happened to have my inverter in the truck..

[​IMG]

Splices on the property

[​IMG]

Got everything repaired and excavated

[​IMG]

Couldnt get any valves down the line to ohmn or anything. Shot voltage down the line, had 26V down there but as soon as a solenoid was hooked up it dropped to zero. Wire is rotten as hell, property manager doesnt want to pull new wire so we are installing 2 SVC-200's tomorrow.

9. Mike Leary

Great pics, Chris, especially the "water features". I guess our only hope would be the
    schlock that did that would have just joined the forum and found his "work" worldwide.

10. Mike Leary

Thanks for the shoe in pic #1. Are we picking you up on the way to Kentucky?